Saturday, February 2, 2008

Got a lot off my chest today

Alright, so today’s the one day anniversary of our ‘Caesar Shanking,’ and I haven’t seen much happen in the progress towards the elections. Julius isn’t making or handing out any posters or signs, like the other people running. This is worrying me, and I want to ask him about it – but what will it look like if, one day after we pretty much bullied him half to death, we start pleading for his help… It’s not lookin’ very good at all. If this keeps up, Julius might drop out of running in the first place – it seems unrealistic to me now, but it’s totally a possibility. Julius hasn’t shown any signs of even wanting to run at all, and every time Trebonious or Casca or I see him in school, he’s ignoring us and just moping around, silently doing nothing.

If Julius doesn’t do anything about this soon, I could be facing a huge friendship related problem. I don’t want to come up to him again and mention the possibility of being class prez. He’ll definitely change the subject or not answer or something. And on top of all that, I don’t know what the rest of the people running think of me – and I probably don’t want to. If news of this has gotten out, maybe the Deans have heard about it? Never mind. It’s just that something has to be done before it’s too late to change things.

I reluctantly came up to Julius today, during our study hall period, third period, and sat down next to him while he was reading some book for English class, or something. He looked up. I had a little bit of trouble starting, but it got easier as I went along. I had it engraved into my brain the whole frickin’ time that this would all be for the good of us, our friendship, and for the future of our school. I began to speak to him about just random stuff, like if he had homework, or if he’d seen some recent movies or checked out the new iPod Plasma Widescreen yet. Then I moved to the topic of the principles, and then the Deans, and then tried to talk about the election. I mentioned how decorated the hallways in the A-wing were with the candidates’ posters.

“Ummm, yeah, I really don’t give a crap about all of this election stuff anymore,” he said. And then he explained to me (and Casca, who’d overheard part of our conversation and was now trying to join in) that he wasn’t going to run for prez, or vice prez, or anything – not even with me. This, of course, came as really bad news to us. Apparently, we’d ruined everything with one really bad idea… I’d be sure to get back on Casca for this one.

--The rest of this week’s payback time... I'll post again tomorrow

No comments: