Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Brute Brutus for Pres?

Hey, this is my first day posting. I guess I should introduce myself. Name’s Marcus Brutus. I’m 14, trying to do well in school. But that’s along with other things, including all these clubs my friends told me to join. I tend to be very trusting of anyone I’m friends with. I have a few bad habits. I can be unsure of myself, but I still get on fine.
This week, my best friend Julius Caesar decided he was going to run for class president, or at least for student Counsel. So did I. Now, usually, best friends don’t become bitter enemies in a split second, but this was, for some reason, a different story. Julius is running for president, and I was actually considering doing the same. But Caesar is a lot more popular than me, and has grown to be a more powerful influence than me since we were best buds in elementary school. Now we hand out every once in a while. Well anyway, I think I want to run for more of a senator position instead.
It would be an embarrassment to me if I ran for class prez. against Julius – he’d blow me out by hundreds of votes (even in our tiny Roman high school)… Yeah, I think I’ll run for vice president. Nobody likes that title, and I don’t think that anyone else important will be running. Plus, there could be more than one, according to our school system. Yeah, I’ll run for vice prez. instead. The vote tally is in a few weeks, so I should start campaigning soon. I can see the signs now – “Brutus for Vice Prez.” – but what would my friends think? I have to learn to ignore their opinions, thought it’s really hard for me.
Hey – I have an idea. Maybe I can pair up with Caesar and we could run for vice president and president together – like in other countries and in real life. Yeah! That’s a good idea! NOW I can see the signs – “Julius and Marcus” for Prez. and Vice Prez. I should run this idea by Julius soon. He might like it – or he would be embarrassed by it. Either way, I should probably run this by Cassius or Trebonius or somebody else first – to see if it’s a good idea. I’ll write back with the results. Peace out!!

No comments: