Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Aha! A plan.

Today I asked Brutus in school if he wanted to run for ‘office.’ with me. He said it might be a good idea, but that he didn’t know if it could actually happen. He said he would think about it, but he said it in that way that just blew me off. Then Cassius came up to me afterwards. He was talking about how Julius was trying to act like he was better than me, and that I could be better than Caesar. Then he started talkin’ all this crap about how I should ‘overtake’ Caesar and run for presidency instead of vice prez.
Personally, I thought this was a pretty weird idea. And I told him that. Then he suggested that we organize a conspiracy against Caesar. He said that if he could put together a bunch of people and get Caesar alone and just shank him and push him around until he either runs with me or just gives up his campaign. Now, I thought this was a pretty crazy plan, but I actually considered that one more than the other because it would almost surely work. And as it turns out, Cassius organized Titinius and a few other of his peeps to join his little conspiracy thing. I guess he really thought that through. Maybe he’s right about this.
And since already gotten so many people to agree, maybe he’s right. But I don’t know, because it seems like everyone’s always right about everything when they has a bunch of people on their side. And although a lot of people call me easy to convince, I decided I would need at least one more person to agree with Cassius’ idea for me to decide it was plausible (or even acceptable).
And that’s exactly what happened. I just got a letter from a bunch of people at the high school that I don’t even know that well. It was signed by at least thirty or forty people, and it contained a letter that showed the people’s emotions towards my running for vice prez. It included quotes like, “do you really think he’s better than you?” and “What are you thinking?! We want you for Prez, man!” I went to bed last night with these letters and petitions on my desk. And on my mind. Now I was pretty sure what I wanted to do with this. I would join the conspiracy – just as long as it didn’t go too far.
Oh well – gotta go, but I’m still pondering the plan……..

No comments: